House Tully is one of the Great Houses of Westeros. It rules over the Riverlands from the castle at Riverrun. Its current head is Lord Hoster Tully. His daughters, Catelyn and Lysa, married Lords Eddard Stark and Jon Arryn during Robert’s Rebellion, forming a powerful alliance of major houses.
The Tully sigil is a silver trout on a red and blue background. Their motto is “Family, Duty, Honor.”
- Lord Hoster Tully, the head of the family.
- His son and heir, Ser Edmure Tully.
- His eldest daughter, Catelyn, married to Lord Eddard Stark.
- His grandchildren, Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon Stark.
- His youngest daughter, Lysa, married to Lord Jon Arryn.
- His grandson, Robert Arryn.
- Hoster’s younger brother, Brynden Tully, called the Blackfish.
Sworn to House Tully
- House Bracken of Stone Hedge.
- House Frey of the Twins.
- House Mallister of Seagard.
- House Whent of Harrenhal.
In The Books
In the Song of Ice and Fire novels, House Tully is an old house which has held the castle at Riverrun for some centuries, but did not rise to greatness until King Aegon I’s invasion. Aegon drove the ironborn out of the Riverlands and appointed Lord Edmyn Tully as the overlord of the area in thanks for his support during the Conquest. The Tullys joined the Starks, Baratheons and Arryns in rising against the Mad King, providing numerous troops for Robert Baratheon’s armies.
House Tully’s symbol is a silver fish on a blue field and their family motto is “Family, Duty, Honor”.